Image Credit: Krisztina Gaylor, 8/15/2020 Rocky Mountain National Park, via the Cameron Peak Fire Information Facebook Page
Larimer County’s Long-Term Recovery Group (LTRG) finds its mission in its name: we are here to assist you for the long-term. Recovery from the 2020 Colorado wildfires is a marathon…. not a sprint. Take a moment to ask yourself these questions and then we invite you to reach out to us today:
- Are you finding it challenging and overwhelming trying to get back to “normal” since the fires?
- Are you having trouble determining your next steps when it comes to rebuilding your life?
- Do you feel alone, as if you have no one who understands how to navigate through the waters of what you’re going through?
- Are you having financial problems as a direct result of the 2020 fires?
- Are you overwhelmed by the resources and services offered and how they may or may not apply to your situation?
- Do you need help weeding through the system of disaster recovery (i.e. social services, insurance, or other programs?)
- Do you just need a little guidance or some extra hands to help with some of the small details?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, please consider contacting the Larimer County Long Term Recovery Group to be assigned to a Disaster Case Manager (DCM.) Whether your needs are small or large, we have a trained team here to help.
Disaster Case Management
The Long Term Recovery Group case managers meet with fire survivors, one on one, to partner with them on their path to recovery. They are the survivors’ advocate in the recovery process.
Survivors meet with the Recovery Case Manager, let them know of their recovery needs and then work together towards that goal. Recovery Case Managers work with survivors in many ways, some of which are to connect with community resources, find financial funding, and partner with volunteers.
Please note that due to the ongoing situation with the COVID-19 Pandemic, meetings with Disaster Case Managers will be conducted virtually via a video meeting. We are not meeting in person at this time.
In partnership with the LTRG Construction Manager, Recovery Case Managers work with survivors on their home to rebuild or rehab projects.
Call today to talk with a Recovery Case Manager (970) 232 – 1150 or Contact via email at LarimerFires2020@lfsrm.org