The Larimer County Long Term Recovery Group is hosting several complimentary debris dumpsters for properties impacted by the fires, now through the end of January 2021. Free dumpster service will resume later in the spring once the weather improves.
As all debris coming out of the Cameron Peak Fire area is considered contaminated by asbestos and is more costly to dump at the Larimer County Landfill, this free service will hopefully benefit fire survivors during this difficult time. We are also offering three free metal recycling locations during this time too.
The dumpsters are located across western Larimer County at the following neighborhoods/central locations:
- 44 H (Metal Recycling and Debris) | Geo Location: 40.57097, -105.34753
- Drake (Metal Recycling and Debris) | Geo location: 40.43214652804507, -105.34119720489606
- Kyle Gulch (Debris Only) | Geo location: 40.65445, -105.5267
- Manhattan (Debris Only) | Geo location: 40.73552, -105.58107
- Spencer Heights (Debris Only) | Geo location: 40.67456, -105.78477
All debris collected from properties will be properly contained within the dumpsters by our vendors for landfill placement.
Please be a good neighbor and only take fire impacted debris to the free dumpsters. Thank you for your consideration!
Thank you to our vendors, Colorado Iron and Metal and Gallegos Sanitation.
Thank you to the United Way of Larimer County for supporting the free dumpsters through their Larimer Fire Recovery Fund.
Questions? Please contact Kohl Parrott, Emergency Management Coordinator, Larimer County Office of Emergency Management